Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Surviving Golden Girls Remark on Bea Arthur's Passing

As was reported Saturday, Bea Arthur passed away at the age of 86 following a battle with cancer. Fellow Golden Girls, Betty White and Rue McClanahan both have commented on the passing of their friend.

Rue McClanahan: I learned from her," said McClanahan, who worked with Arthur on "Maude" and "The Golden Girls." "I learned not comedy timing. I already knew that. We already had that together. I learned courage. I learned how to go out on a limb. Really go out on a limb. Go as far as you dared, and a little bit farther." White told Early Show co-anchor Julie Chen she would remember the times when Arthur would sometimes stop production of "The Golden Girls" with her laughing. "Every once in awhile, something would tickle Bea, and she'd get the giggles," White said. " ... In rehearsal, we'd get to that point, and she was gone. And it made it great fun." McClanahan added that she'll miss talking on the phone with Arthur. "I think I'll miss that voice."
Betty White: I knew it would hurt, I just didn't know it would hurt this much. I'm so happy that she received her Lifetime Achievement Award while she was still with us, so she could appreciate that. She was such a big part of my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment